Location: Castle Donington, UK
Reporting into: Head of Projects
Function: Project Delivery
Purpose of Role
To manage the implementation of projects for Synergy Logistics Ltd (Synergy) principally but not exclusively in respect of the company's warehouse management system products.
To have full understanding of the Synergy products and services and be able to apply these in an operational and business context. To manage the lifecycle of the project and deliver the solutions according to the agreed timelines and overhead projects. These skills may also be utilised, where appropriate, during the Sales and Support phases.
The role can involve time spent carrying out pre-sales work including demonstrations, business analysis, production of required specifications and associated process test plans, system configuration and testing, compiling test plans, support and testing during the implementation phase, supporting roll-out, training (internal and external), training documentation and final on-site client support.
Travel throughout the UK is expected and on occasions can involve working unsocial hours.
To be responsible for the overall implementation, execution, control, completion and financial reporting of specific projects ensuring consistency with project management objectives, company strategy, commitments and goals. To conform to standards and process requirements within Project Delivery, the Support Department and the Company.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Management of commercial matters that arise within the life span of a project, including budget management and invoicing.
- Manages the Synergy project file and all project associated documentation.
- Monitors the project progress, making recommendations to the client's Project Manager and Synergy stakeholders as appropriate.
- Reports internally to the appropriate member of the senior management on salient issues concerning the status of the project.
- Co-ordinates technical, operational and software development personnel throughout the project life cycle, including post-Live.
- Manages, and where necessary performs, the client's overview and full training.
- Manages, and where necessary performs, the business analysis, identifying areas where there may be incompatibility between functionality and the client's operation. Provides recommendations of operational improvements/changes where appropriate and ultimately produces the business requirement specification for agreement and sign off by the client.
- To support the customers' transition from Project Management to Global Support Services.
- Supporting the Sales team in any pre-sales work required for potential clients including demonstrations.
- Conversant with the techniques of business analysis to a good standard including production of any required specifications.
- Have the ability to carry out system configuration to a high level.
- Provide assistance in the mapping and production of test plans, supporting the testing process and carrying out testing during the implementation phase
- Hold internal and external client training sessions including the production of suitable training documentation
- Full involvement in on-site client support including go-live and post go-live support until handed over to Support Services
- Liaise and assist the Product Testing team when required
- Full understanding of the SnapFulfil WMS and other company products to demonstration and training standards
- Strong client facing attributes at all organisational levels (executive and non-executive) demonstrated by positive customer feedback
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years+ experience in a commercial or Software House environment in the supply chain arena
- Proven ability in the necessary skills of project management, business analysis and implementation activities.
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Project Office products and associated Microsoft business products
- Excellent appreciation of working with a WMS environment or similar from a systems perspective
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience with SQL scripting
- Ability to learn and become proficient at an expert level with new software systems
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently, possesses a flexible attitude and excellent communication skills
- Exposure to whole project life cycle
- Experience of software testing desirable
- Good customer facing presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrable documentation skills
- 1+ year(s) on-site implementation experience
- Demonstrable team player
- Must be able to travel when required and at short notice
- Technical ability - awareness of the capabilities and limitations of technical issues affecting the project delivery process. And and appreciation of the technical issues involved.
- Innovation - ability to challenge status quo, consider alternative practices and approaches, offer creative and innovative solutions to existing business challenges and practices, promotes creativity and experimentation, evaluates new ideas and processes in context of commercial environment and challenges
- Personal organisational ability - excellent time management, good planning, prioritising, and organising skills, able to multi-task and is self-motivated.
- Customer focus - strong customer awareness, evaluates activity against identified customer needs and demonstrates commitment to the customer
- Results oriented - activity focused on maximising achievement as a good Implementation Analyst
- Problem-solver - identify potential issues, recommend solutions, escalate to appropriate level, seeks advice and guidance from within/external to organisation.
- Teamwork and ownership - takes personal responsibility for effective team working, plays an effective role in all cross-functional opportunities, positively represents Synergy in all interactions with clients, suppliers and external industry contacts.
- Commercial acumen - understands that we need to make money, aligns individual activities to overall business strategy
- Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Team project managers
- Customer Success Team (CST)
- Support manager
- Sales manager
- Appropriate business contacts
- Development and product team
- Support Services team