WMS Implementation Analyst
Reporting into: Head of Projects UK VP of Projects
Function: Project Delivery
Purpose of Role
As part of the Project Delivery Team, this role is to take responsibility for supporting the project manager in the full project lifecycle of Synergy's WMS and other systems.
The role will involve time spent carrying out pre-sales work including demonstrations, business analysis, production of required specifications and associated process test plans, system configuration and testing, compiling test plans, support and testing during the implementation phase, supporting roll-out, training (internal and external), training documentation and final on-site client support.
To be responsible to the assigned Project Manager or Global Support Manager for the overall implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with project management objectives, company strategy, commitments and goals. To conform to standards and process requirements within Project Delivery, the Support Department and the Company.
Responsibilities & Duties
- To support the Project Manager in delivering client projects from pre-sales to post go-live support
- To support the Support Manager in delivering client projects for existing customers
- To support the customers' transition from Project Management to Global Support Services
- Supporting the Sales team in any pre-sales work required for potential clients including demonstrations
- Conversant with the techniques of business analysis to a good standard including production of any required specifications
- Have the ability to carry out system configuration to a high level
- Provide assistance in the mapping and production of test plans, supporting the testing process and carrying out testing during the implementation phase
- Hold internal and external client training sessions including the production of suitable training documentation
- Full involvement in on-site client support including go-live and post go-live support until handed over to Support Services
- Liaise and assist the Project Testing team when required
- Full understanding of the SnapFulfil WMS and other company products to demonstration and training standards
- Strong client facing attributes at all organizational levels (executive and non-executive) demonstrated by positive customer feedback
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years+ experience in a commercial or Software House environment in the supply chain arena
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Project Office products and associated Microsoft business products
- Excellent appreciation of working with a WMS environment or similar from a systems perspective
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience with SQL scripting
- Ability to learn and become proficient at an expert level with new software systems
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently, possesses a flexible attitude and excellent communication skills
- Exposure to whole project life cycle
- Experience of software testing desirable
- Good customer facing presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrable documentation skills
- 1+ year(s) on-site implementation experience
- Capable of deputising for the Project Manager
- Demonstrable team player
- Technical ability - awareness of the capabilities and limitations of technical issues affecting the project delivery process. And an appreciation of the technical issues involved.
- Innovation - ability to challenge status quo, consider alternative practices and approaches, offer creative and innovative solutions to existing business challenges and practices, promotes creativity and experimentation, evaluates new ideas and processes in context of commercial environment and challenges
- Personal organizational ability - excellent time management, good planning, prioritizing, and organizing skills, able to multi-task and is self-motivated.
- Customer focus - strong customer awareness, evaluates activity against identified customer needs and demonstrates commitment to the customer
- Results oriented - activity focused on maximizing achievement as a good Implementation Analyst
- Problem-solver - identify potential issues, recommend solutions, escalate to appropriate level, seeks advice and guidance from within/external to organization.
- Teamwork and ownership - takes personal responsibility for effective team working, plays an effective role in all cross-functional opportunities, positively represents Synergy in all interactions with clients, suppliers and external industry contacts.
- Commercial acumen - understands that we need to make money, aligns individual activities to overall business strategy
- Program Manager
- Project Manager
- Product Manager
- Support Manager
- Sales Manager
- Appropriate Business Contacts
- Development team
- Support Services team