Support Service Desk Consultant
Location: Castle Donington, UK
Reporting into: Head of Global Support Services
Purpose of Role
To provide excellent Software Support services for our own product (SnapFulfil) as part of our growing Service Desk.
The ideal candidate will be inquisitive, thorough and tenacious with a strong desire to succeed in a challenging environment. This is not simply a customer service or IT Service Desk position. The successful candidate will enjoy a varied, challenging and complex role.
Responsibilities & Duties
The responsibilities of this role are significant and wide ranging. Below are detailed the responsibilities and consequently the deliverables required of the Support Service Desk Consultant.
- Day to Day Activities:
- Daily contact with the rest of the team. Good communications are essential.
- Log and investigate tickets and provide first/second line services.
- Ensure client's expectations are set appropriately and are responded to within the agreed SLAs.
- Ensure ticket priorities are completed in accordance with the requirements of the client and prevent client escalation.
- Report progress of significant problems to the Team Leaders.
- Use problem solving skills to identify solutions and communicate them to customers competently. This may require negotiation skills to obtain mutually agreeable solution.
- Influence and advise customers on the system.
- Be a self-starter and work independently or as part of a team.
- Investigate, identify, implement and test software issues and changes requested by the customer.
- Highlight possible internal improvements both with the processes we follow and with the software we support.
- Effectively analyse situations and work with other teams in a professional manner to ensure the very best level of service for our clients.
- Be confident in your decisions and be able to learn quickly from mistakes.
- Identify and control the tasks allocated to you in order to meet specified time scales. Ownership of your own workload is essential.
- Remain positive and constructive in times of pressure and collaborate for a best case conclusion for all parties.
- Additional Requirements
- On occasion, when requested, to provide an on-site presence to support clients.
- Ensure that tasks are completed as set by the Head/VP of Support, Directors or Team Leaders.
- Be able to organise and manage time effectively.
- Have good computer skills in order to use every day applications.
- Follow the company procedures at all times, e.g. Timekeeping, Time Recording, Dress Code, etc.
- To carry out other duties as requested by the Managers and Directors of the company.
- Advantageous Requirements
- Have an analytical mind-set.
- Understand and have experience in the operational workings of a Warehouse environment.
- Have experience in complex software support.
- Have experience writing SQL to a competent level.
- Have experience of mapping customer requirements to existing or new functionality.
- Have experience of creating specifications to define the existing or new functionality.
Expected Career Paths
The following are the expected career paths for successful candidates in this role:
- Testing/QA Team
- Junior/Senior Project Management
- Account Management
- Development Team
Once known, a career path is encouraged and coached in order to meet that goal. It's expected that 24 months is a minimum experience level before proceeding towards the chosen path.